Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Catching up

I have got to stop reading blogs in class! After stumbling across some seriously funny ones while browsing, I almost lost my cool and giggled out loud. Seeing as this lecture is neither funny nor entertaining, that would have been unfortunate.

Also unfortunate...I don't know how to put my phone on silent. So, I put in on vibrate. Vibrate is no more silent than my ring. In fact, I woul say that I hear my phone on vibrate much more often than I hear my phone when it's ringing. So, when my preceptor called to tell me that tomorrow I'd be scrubbing in on a tubal ligation instead of measuring bellies for the afternoon, the class was treated to a nice long hum of the obvious vibratory ring. Then another when the voice mail was received. Nice.

The surgery tomorrow should be really interesting. I'm looking forward to it. Plus it starts an hour earlier than I usually get to preceptor which means I don't have to kill an hour lurking around campus while Dr. B is out to lunch. Very cool. Oh yeah, and did I mention that wearing scrubs is infinitely more comfortable than dressing up for class only to spend the afternoon uncomfortable while Dr. B is wearing his comfy scrubs? Double bonus. More on that tomorrow.

In other news, my little Mugsy lost his manhood, or doghood, or whatever, yesterday. I have to say he's recovering quick. J is sure it would be a much more traumatic operation in a human, and so am I. In any case, I know that I am pitifully overdue for pictures of the little guy, so I'll do my best to make it a study break plan for today. The board review has begun and so I am trying to fit in a lot more stuff into the same 24 hour day. It definitely cuts down on the blog time.

Well, here's hoping I get a little more posting done than I have been. Three more weeks (well, 2.5) and a new block will begin. Somehow it always makes me feel like I'll have more time, but that really never happens. Oh well, there's always something to look forward to....17 days to Beer Fest!

2 comments:

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

I was always terrible at resisting the siren call of the google reader during class too. Best of Luck to you.

L.G. said...

And CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!