Tuesday, November 25, 2008

100!!!!!

Well, Happy Early Thanksgiving!!! And happy 100th blog post to me! For a while there I didn't think I'd ever keep it up this long, but I'm glad I have.

Well, I don't have any cool pix today, but we are heading out to the great white north on Thursday and we'll be sure to bring the camera with us. Hopefully we'll have some pictures of our adventures.

I am also super excited that in a few weeks I'm heading east to see my friend D and her adorable little daughter! It's going to be great. I"ve never seen Boston and I have never seen her daughter (in person of course) and so I can hardly wait! Most of all I'm just excited to see D. She's the one friend I've met throughout the years that is always just a phone call away and always, always keeps in touch. She's so much better at that than me! (Thanks for always calling D!)

Tomorrow morning, though, I have my last excursion into biochemistry (until the weeks before the boards) so good riddance to that. I am pretty worried about that test, there's waaaaaaaaaay too many lysosomal storage diseases. I have a chart that's 9 pages. Ouch. The really great part of this test, though, is that there's loads of stuff about obesity. We had 4 lectures yesterday and 3 today on obesity. Yes, this is a big problem that needs our attention. Does it need my attention the week of Thanksgiving? I think not.

Well, I better get back to it. Less than 12 hours from now and I will be in the thick of it, better shove as much into my little head that I can!

(I already have a bucket of fun getting ready for me in the freezer for after the exam. I am always prepared.)

1 comments:

PGYx said...

Happy 100th post!

Those lysosomal storage diseases will come in handy during board study. As in, that's one less new thing you have to learn (reviewing is easy). I had just one semi-obscure congenital metabolic disorder question on my USMLE, but hindsight is 20/20 and not applicable to your test version.

We did a gastric bypass just before Thanksgiving. Some wondered why the patient didn't choose to wait a few more days rather than forgo a modest Thanksgiving meal.