Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wow

Well, tomorrow is the big day! I felt like I would be freaking out a lot more than I am. I guess it can be chalked up to feeling like I've already wasted too much good anxiety on this! I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst, which has substantially improved since Monday. On Monday I found out that I would be matching into OB/Gyn. This means that I will, come hell or high water, be beginning an OB/Gyn residency come late June. Now just to find out where!

I can't help but feel like Match Day is in a lot of ways a bigger deal than Graduation. After match day all the pieces come together. I know that my class is all bracing themselves right now. Tomorrow is a huge day, and I know that it's totally possible it might be an awful one. I'm cautiously optimistic, secure in the knowledge that in 4 years I WILL be able to practice Ob on my own.

I'm sure I'll be posting on facebook at about 11:01. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

Good luck, can't wait for the news!

PGYx said...

Where are you going?! Congratulations for matching and for making it to one of the best parts of med school! Hope you have a peaceful & fun Spring.

Hirra said...

wow!! all the best